WellBeing International® (WBI) was established at the end of 2018 to seek and implement solutions for people, animals and the environment (PAE) and has elected to deliver benefits to all three elements of the Triad.
Letter from the President, March 2019
In the last few months, a number of scientific papers have appeared that report declines—including some dramatic declines—in the number of wild animals sharing our planet. Most people familiar with this issue know about the finding that only 4 percent of mammalian terrestrial biomass consists of wild mammals that appeared in a 2018 report in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The remaining 96% consists of humans (36%) and domestic mammals (60%) with bovids, pigs and equids accounting for most of the domestic mammal biomass. The lead author of that report, Professor Ron Milo of the Weizmann Institute in Israel, commented that he was “shocked to find there wasn’t already a comprehensive, holistic estimate of all the different components of biomass.”
S. Chinny Krishna
WellBeing International’s strategic approach to providing sustainable and interdisciplinary solutions includes a strong commitment to working collaboratively with committed partners. We will develop a reputation as a “go to” partner that provides reliable synergies to deliver exceptional impact!
Our initial partners include: AHPPA (Costa Rica), CLLC (USA) and GFAS (South Africa).
WellBeing International is pleased to introduce our WBI Global Ambassadors. These individuals will provide input and insight into our projects and mode of operations and will also provide outreach and contacts for WBI.