Global Dog Populations
LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT, ANDREW ROWAN, MAY 2020
The State of Well-Being
- Leave it alone. Sometimes a wild animal is not injured but has been left by a parent so it can gather food. For example, young deer and fledgling birds should not be touched unless they are in danger.
- Let the animal recover from shock in a cool, dark place. A wild animal that has had a knock, say flying into a window or being hit by a car, could be concussed and may recover given time.
- Take the animal to a wildlife center or a veterinarian. Injured wildlife needs specialist attention. The most responsible course of action is taking injured wildlife to someone who knows exactly what to do to prevent any further suffering.
In the UK, the following websites are recommended for a list of wildlife rehabilitator:
In North America, start with the following websites for a list of wildlife rehabilitators:
- Ohio Wildlife Rehabilitators Association – List of Wildlife Rehabilitators by State
- Nature Canada – List of Wildlife Rehabilitators by Province/City.
In Australia, start with:
- WIRES – For NSW wildlife rescue calls or email reporting
Pangolin meat is e a delicacy in China however, it was considered to be a source of the latest coronavirus outbreak.